Old August 7th 16, 12:05 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default Mobile Phone Users On Trains / Busses

On Sun, 7 Aug 2016 02:28:40 -0700 (PDT), CJB
wrote:

I am sure that many (most?) here have had experiences of smart phone users being so engrossed with texting / Facebook / whatever that they stop just after getting off an escalator causing others behind to pile into them. Or maybe they suddenly stop in the open doorway of a train to read or send a text whilst everyone else is trying to get on or off.

On Friday at Feltham a SWT service to Waterloo stopped there. SWT guards always wait a few minutes before releasing the doors. And there was this guy on the platform totally engrossed in making a phone call. He then stood right in front of the door opening button. When the guard released the doors he still stood there. He made no attempt to open the doors. No-one was getting off so they remained closed. And we couldn't reach the button - he was in the way. We asked him to move, he ignored us. Eventually we were the only ones left still trying to get onto the train. He still stood there. The guard blew his whistle. Someone roughly pushed him aside and opened the doors. We remarked that he could have opened the doors since he was nearest to the button; he responded by saying we could have opened them ourselves.

Clearly his parents did a great job of teaching him the Golden Rule.

Old August 9th 16, 08:55 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

What a bunch of whining ******s. Get a ****ing life.