Old August 19th 16, 05:53 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London
Default Tower Bridge To Close For 3 Months

TfL have announced - to me at any rate by email - that
Tower Bridge will be closed from the 1st of October until
the 30th of December.

It will be interesting to see how serious the resulting
traffic problems will be during a three month period which
normally sees larger than normal traffic flows.

Old August 20th 16, 06:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 19/08/2016 18:53, Robin9 wrote:
TfL have announced - to me at any rate by email - that
Tower Bridge will be closed from the 1st of October until
the 30th of December.

The Corporation announced that in June.

It will be interesting to see how serious the resulting
traffic problems will be during a three month period which
normally sees larger than normal traffic flows.

Indeed. And interesting^2 if there's a Blackwall Tunnel closure

--
Robin
Old August 20th 16, 04:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin9" wrote in message

TfL have announced - to me at any rate by email - that
Tower Bridge will be closed from the 1st of October until
the 30th of December.

It will be interesting to see how serious the resulting
traffic problems will be during a three month period which
normally sees larger than normal traffic flows.

surely to stop people driving over it, it would need to be open :-)

tim

Old August 21st 16, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 20/08/2016 17:45, tim... wrote:

"Robin9" wrote in message

TfL have announced - to me at any rate by email - that
Tower Bridge will be closed from the 1st of October until
the 30th of December.

It will be interesting to see how serious the resulting
traffic problems will be during a three month period which
normally sees larger than normal traffic flows.

surely to stop people driving over it, it would need to be open :-)

That might not stop a bus.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old September 28th 16, 02:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 19/08/2016 18:53, Robin9 wrote:
TfL have announced - to me at any rate by email - that
Tower Bridge will be closed from the 1st of October until
the 30th of December.

Just a reminder that this is starting on Saturday.

Rotherhithe Tunnel is going to be fun!

Old September 30th 16, 09:09 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

TfL say that apart from three weekends, the bridge
will remain open to pedestrians.