Old August 23rd 16, 10:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail stations

This video is about 6 weeks old, but I don't recall seeing it before. Is
it my imagination or is the name text over the entrance to TCR station
in a font other than Johnson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeitUQsA1Fs

Old August 23rd 16, 11:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote on 23 Aug 2016 at 22:00 ...
This video is about 6 weeks old, but I don't recall seeing it before. Is
it my imagination or is the name text over the entrance to TCR station
in a font other than Johnson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeitUQsA1Fs

Well spotted. Yes, the text over the entrance for TCR and also
Paddington have C, G and R that are quite different to those letters in
Johnston. They look like Helvetica to me, though they might be the
similar Rail Alphabet which was British Rail's corporate typeface from
1965 until the late 80s.
--
Richard J.

---

Old August 24th 16, 01:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Basil Jet wrote on 23 Aug 2016 at 22:00 ...
This video is about 6 weeks old, but I don't recall seeing it before. Is
it my imagination or is the name text over the entrance to TCR station
in a font other than Johnson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeitUQsA1Fs

Well spotted. Yes, the text over the entrance for TCR and also
Paddington have C, G and R that are quite different to those letters
in Johnston. They look like Helvetica to me, though they might be
the similar Rail Alphabet which was British Rail's corporate typeface
from 1965 until the late 80s.

Liverpool Street as well unless I'm mistaken. Looked more like Helvetica
than Rail Alphabet to me although the shots are brief.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old August 24th 16, 01:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Basil Jet wrote on 23 Aug 2016 at 22:00 ...
This video is about 6 weeks old, but I don't recall seeing it before. Is
it my imagination or is the name text over the entrance to TCR station
in a font other than Johnson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeitUQsA1Fs

Well spotted. Yes, the text over the entrance for TCR and also
Paddington have C, G and R that are quite different to those letters
in Johnston. They look like Helvetica to me, though they might be
the similar Rail Alphabet which was British Rail's corporate typeface
from 1965 until the late 80s.

Liverpool Street as well unless I'm mistaken. Looked more like Helvetica
than Rail Alphabet to me although the shots are brief.

Aren't they all just computer-generated images? Perhaps the person
producing them didn't have the right fonts installed on their machine.
Old August 24th 16, 11:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote on 24 Aug 2016 at 01:28 ...
wrote:
In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Basil Jet wrote on 23 Aug 2016 at 22:00 ...
This video is about 6 weeks old, but I don't recall seeing it before. Is
it my imagination or is the name text over the entrance to TCR station
in a font other than Johnson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeitUQsA1Fs

Well spotted. Yes, the text over the entrance for TCR and also
Paddington have C, G and R that are quite different to those letters
in Johnston. They look like Helvetica to me, though they might be
the similar Rail Alphabet which was British Rail's corporate typeface
from 1965 until the late 80s.

Liverpool Street as well unless I'm mistaken. Looked more like Helvetica
than Rail Alphabet to me although the shots are brief.

Aren't they all just computer-generated images? Perhaps the person
producing them didn't have the right fonts installed on their machine.

There are plenty of examples of Johnston elsewhere in the video. The
shot of the Paddington entrance has a roundel on the left with ELIZABETH
LINE in Johnston. (Not sure whether original Johnston or New Johnston or
Johnston 100 - haven't studied it that closely.)
--
Richard J.

---

Old August 24th 16, 12:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 11:56:49 +0100, "Richard J."
wrote:

Recliner wrote on 24 Aug 2016 at 01:28 ...
wrote:
In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

[...]

Perhaps the images were produced by different people (on different
computers)?