Old September 21st 16, 08:31 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Turning London orange

TfL's grand vision for turning London's suburban overground services into
the Overground:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/21/london...erent-6143328/

Old September 21st 16, 09:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 2016-09-21 20:31:00 +0000, Recliner said:

TfL's grand vision for turning London's suburban overground services into
the Overground:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/21/london...erent-6143328/

Interesting. If they do get all those, I wonder would some kind of
line naming or German-style route numbering make sense? A big map of
orange lines is not an awful lot more useful than what is the case now.

Yes, I think a German-style route numbering system would make sense. That's
probably already true of the existing Overground, let alone the much
expanded one envisaged.

Old September 22nd 16, 02:23 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 2016\09\21 21:31, Recliner wrote:
TfL's grand vision for turning London's suburban overground services into
the Overground:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/21/london...erent-6143328/

Thanks. Looks like Deptford Park (Surrey Canal Road) is not getting
built at all!
Old September 22nd 16, 05:21 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 03:23:04 +0100, Basil Jet
wrote:

On 2016\09\21 21:31, Recliner wrote:
TfL's grand vision for turning London's suburban overground services into
the Overground:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/21/london...erent-6143328/

Thanks. Looks like Deptford Park (Surrey Canal Road) is not getting
built at all!

New Bermondsey Shirley ? It seems to be dependant on if/when the
related development gets finished (or even started). This month's
start date seems to be some time next year.
https://www.lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea...d-answers.aspx
Old September 22nd 16, 09:02 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message
-sept
ember.org, at 21:37:34 on Wed, 21 Sep 2016, Recliner
remarked:
TfL's grand vision for turning London's suburban overground services into
the Overground:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/21/london...erent-6143328/

Interesting. If they do get all those, I wonder would some kind of
line naming or German-style route numbering make sense? A big map of
orange lines is not an awful lot more useful than what is the case now.

Yes, I think a German-style route numbering system would make sense. That's
probably already true of the existing Overground, let alone the much
expanded one envisaged.

Ditto for Thameslink - and most of the existing documentation shows it
split into the various routes already.

Old September 22nd 16, 09:55 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 10:02:07 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message
-sept
ember.org, at 21:37:34 on Wed, 21 Sep 2016, Recliner
remarked:
TfL's grand vision for turning London's suburban overground services into
the Overground:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/21/london...very-different
6143328/

Interesting. If they do get all those, I wonder would some kind of
line naming or German-style route numbering make sense? A big map of
orange lines is not an awful lot more useful than what is the case now.

Yes, I think a German-style route numbering system would make sense. That's
probably already true of the existing Overground, let alone the much
expanded one envisaged.

Ditto for Thameslink - and most of the existing documentation shows it
split into the various routes already.

Couldn't hurt doing it on the DLR either.

--
Spud

Old September 22nd 16, 02:29 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 21.09.16 21:31, Recliner wrote:
TfL's grand vision for turning London's suburban overground services into
the Overground:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/21/london...erent-6143328/

I got an idea. Let's just turn the entire network, from Penzance to
Wick, orange.
Old September 22nd 16, 02:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 15:29:59 +0100
" wrote:
On 21.09.16 21:31, Recliner wrote:
TfL's grand vision for turning London's suburban overground services into
the Overground:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/21/london...very-different
6143328/

I got an idea. Let's just turn the entire network, from Penzance to
Wick, orange.

Indeed. Its really not very well thought out if this is an official TfL
mock up. And what the obsession with TfL taking over all the south london
lines is god knows. Anyone who thinks the unions will give them an easy time
because they're a public corp rather than a TOC has obviously been living in a
cave for the last 20 years.

--
Spud

Old September 22nd 16, 03:08 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

TfL's grand vision for turning London's suburban overground services into
the Overground:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/21/london...erent-6143328/

I got an idea. Let's just turn the entire network, from Penzance to
Wick, orange.

I note a bunch of arrows at the ends of the various lines, so based on
the text that says they want to take over the various franchises, I
assume we'd have TfL at least as far as Kings Lynn. It would certainly
be handy to pay for my jaunts between Cambridge and Ely with my senior
Oyster.

Old September 22nd 16, 03:27 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

" wrote:
On 21.09.16 21:31, Recliner wrote:
TfL's grand vision for turning London's suburban overground services
into
the Overground:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/21/london...very-different
6143328/

I got an idea. Let's just turn the entire network, from Penzance to
Wick, orange.

Indeed. Its really not very well thought out if this is an official TfL
mock up. And what the obsession with TfL taking over all the south london
lines is god knows. Anyone who thinks the unions will give them an easy
time
because they're a public corp rather than a TOC has obviously been living
in a
cave for the last 20 years.

--
Spud

The seem to think that they can magic up slots to provide a 10 minute
frequency on every route

whilst this might work on the routes that terminate inside (or just outside)
of the London "Zone", this is not going to work for the routes which carry
main line services to the coast

tim