Old October 11th 16, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Battersea extension

Just curious - does anyone know what form the architecture will take, will it
be like the JLE, crossrail or something completely new? Also I presume the 2
new stations will have platform doors too which I imagine will mean some new
kit on the trains - unless its already installed.

--
Spud

Old October 11th 16, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 11:58:36 +0100
Recliner wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 08:51:59 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

Just curious - does anyone know what form the architecture will take, will it
be like the JLE, crossrail or something completely new?

Both stations will be under large new buildings, so they may not have
much surface presence. I think the inside design will be similar to
Crossrail, as that's the current style. The JLE stations were designed
20 years ago.

http://www.estatesgazette.com/blogs/...2015/11/nine-e
ms-station-towers-planned/

Ah, the Bland Glass Box style. Oh well, so much for innovation. In 40 years
time it'll look as dated and unattractive as 60s tower blocks do today.
Assuming the glass hasn't all fallen out by then and been replaced by brick.

Also I presume the 2
new stations will have platform doors too which I imagine will mean some new
kit on the trains - unless its already installed.

I don't think there will be PEDs. But why would the trains need extra
kit if PEDs are fitted?

I just assumed there needs to be some kit in the train to tell the door
mechanism that its arrived and fully stopped. I can't see how you'd get the
2nd part of that accurate enough just by using some sort of passive sensor.

--
Spud