Old October 13th 16, 08:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Scrapping old District train plans

I asked the TfL customer service centre about the schedule for replacing
D78 stock. I am interested as it will cause the Tube Map to change.
Stations such as Upminster and Elm Park will be step free to train,
rather than step free to platform. I've just had a prompt email, which I
quote:
We now run about 125*new*trains on*the*District line and 10 of the old
ones. We'll probably keep the*old ones*until May 2017.

I am surprised that the schedule has gone from one train per week.

I also queried the replacement of the lift to the King's Cross sub
surface platforms. It seems they have been in service for 10 years and
10 - 15 years is usual.
--
Walter Briscoe

Old October 13th 16, 08:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Walter Briscoe wrote:
I asked the TfL customer service centre about the schedule for replacing
D78 stock. I am interested as it will cause the Tube Map to change.
Stations such as Upminster and Elm Park will be step free to train,
rather than step free to platform. I've just had a prompt email, which I
quote:
We now run about 125Â*newÂ*trains onÂ*theÂ*District line and 10 of the old
ones. We'll probably keep theÂ*old onesÂ*until May 2017.

I am surprised that the schedule has gone from one train per week.

I thought the D stock was all due to be replaced by the end of 2016?

Old October 16th 16, 11:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Fitzgerald ] wrote:
In message
-septe
mber.org, Recliner

Walter Briscoe wrote:
I asked the TfL customer service centre about the schedule for replacing
D78 stock. I am interested as it will cause the Tube Map to change.
Stations such as Upminster and Elm Park will be step free to train,
rather than step free to platform. I've just had a prompt email, which I
quote:
We now run about 125Â*newÂ*trains onÂ*theÂ*District line and 10 of the old
ones. We'll probably keep theÂ*old onesÂ*until May 2017.

I am surprised that the schedule has gone from one train per week.

I thought the D stock was all due to be replaced by the end of 2016?

The latest I've been told is 'January 2017'.

All the S stock has to be returned to Derby for ATO fitment and I
understand D stock will be retained until they have been returned.

All the S stock seems to have to return home quite often. I wonder why the
work couldn't be done in Acton, Neasden or Ruislip? Do the modified trains
all have to be tested individually at Old Dalby?