Old November 1st 16, 04:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Heathrow: Just 10 people made 49% of all noise complaints

From:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ne...ust-10-people/

Extract:

Heathrow received more than 25,000 noise complaints in just three months
over the summer - but around half were made by the same 10 people.

The airport, which was last month had plans for a third runway given
Government approval, received, on average, 274 complaints each day between
the start of July and end of September, according to official statistics.

However, its figures also show that, while 1,209 people complained just
once about the noise from aircraft passing overhead, three people contacted
the airport more than 1,280 times each - or nearly 14 times a day over
three months.

A spokesperson for Heathrow said it knew that 2,128 people made the 25,200
complaints, but that 10 people made 48.86 per cent of those.

Heathrow told Telegraph Travel that it had received 87,201 noise complaints
for the year to date - or one every five minutes - from 4,282 people, and
that 46.8 per cent of those (40,829) came from 10 people. That means that,
on average, those 10 people made a complaint every 90 minutes.

“We do take every complaint seriously and each one is logged,†said an
airport spokesperson.

In January last year the airport unearthed a scheme whereby campaigners
were using automated software to generate complaints against the airport.
Officials caught out the set-up when the two anti-Heathrow enthusiasts
forgot to take into account the hour going back in October, and began
complaining about flights that had not yet taken off or arrived.

Old November 2nd 16, 08:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Recliner" wrote in message
From:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ne...ust-10-people/

Extract:

Heathrow received more than 25,000 noise complaints in just three months
over the summer - but around half were made by the same 10 people.

The airport, which was last month had plans for a third runway given
Government approval, received, on average, 274 complaints each day between
the start of July and end of September, according to official statistics.

However, its figures also show that, while 1,209 people complained just
once about the noise from aircraft passing overhead, three people
contacted
the airport more than 1,280 times each - or nearly 14 times a day over
three months.

Eh!

you move next to an airport

You know it's going to be noisy

So wtf is going to bother complaining *to* the airport about it, other than
some serial complainer?

If you are a normal person minded to want to do something to try and make
the environment quieter, sending a letter to the airport is going to the the
last of your choices.

So, whatever the rights and wrongs for airport noise is, IMHO this statistic
is completely worthless as part of the argument

tim

Old November 2nd 16, 09:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Complaints should be directed to the actual noisemaker, in this case the pilot.
Old November 2nd 16, 11:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 2 Nov 2016 02:35:12 -0700 (PDT), Offramp
wrote:

Complaints should be directed to the actual noisemaker, in this case the pilot.

Doesn't the airport fine airlines with noisy flights?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...ce-impact.html

But I don't know if they use complaints as a guide.
Old January 30th 17, 08:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Hi Peers,

I am Ajit. My neighbor is very rude. Always play loud music during my sleeping time.
I have tried all kinds of solution but not working - called police too.

I need help. What should I do now? Take revenge? Any here have done anything effective?

Thanks."