Old November 16th 16, 09:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Street Types site

I don't know if this link will work...
https://surfaceplaybook.onelondon.tf...c5b69efb08f f

"London’s roads are diverse, ranging from quiet residential streets to traffic-dominated A-roads, from calm pedestrianised lanes to bustling high streets.

This network carries over 21 million trips every day, yet also provides 80 per cent of the city’s public realm.

The Mayor’s recent visionary statement, A City for all Londoners, outlines that he wants to ‘reduce motorised traffic’ and ‘improve the reliability of existing road capacity, so that we can make the most of limited space. In some locations, hard choices will need to be made about how we use the space to achieve the right local outcome.’

To make these choices, we need to understand how roads are being used today.. Street Types for London provides this understanding, as it recognises the network’s critical dual function:
• Transporting people and goods effectively and efficiently – the movement role
• Providing civic space and attracting people to visit and spend time – the place role

This is not a linear spectrum ranging from movement at one end to place at the other – a street can be important for both functions. The matrix in the Project Overview shows how different levels of movement and place relate to each other.

Through Street Types we, the boroughs and developers now have a common language for talking about the city’s streets. This is already being used for policy development through 20mph trials on the Transport for London Road Network, area planning at Isle of Dogs and Royal Docks design guidance and scheme planning.

As London’s streets are managed by 34 different traffic authorities, cooperation is critical. What is uniquely exciting about Street Types is that for the first time, we have worked with 32 of the 33 boroughs to agree the classification of all roads in London. (Roads in LB Bromley are not included; the borough chose not to take part in the process).

What is available in Playbook?
In Surface Playbook you can view the movement or place layers on their own; or the Street Types layer which is a combination of both. As this mapping is jointly owned by both TfL and the boroughs, we have agreed not to share these maps outside of our organisation without the approval of the relevant borough(s)."

Old November 16th 16, 02:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Offramp) wrote:

I don't know if this link will work...
https://surfaceplaybook.onelondon.tf.../webmap/viewer.
html?webmap=ee4f3fc8c8604ade8ed6c5b69efb08ff

Looks very unlikely other than from within TfL's local network with that
tfl.local domain name.

--
Colin Rosenstiel