Old December 23rd 16, 07:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

Default London Metropolitan line Watford

e27002 aurora wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 11:11:10 -0600,
wrote:

In article ,

(e27002 aurora) wrote:

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 07:25:43 -0600,

wrote:

In article ,
d () wrote:

I never really got the rationalle behind cutting the bakerloo back to
harrow.

It was actually cut back to Queen's Park and only extended north of there
when Stonebridge Park Depot was built.

There's obviously a commuter demand for it (hence LO) and it wasn't
even the longest tube line when it did run there so its not as if it
was going miles.

The Bakerloo only had a limited peak hour service (to access Croxley
Green Depot) long before even that was withdrawn.

IMHO it makes more sense to run the Bakerloo to Watford than the
Overground.

Why do you say that?

It is very much within the London conurbation, and ones suspects most
users would prefer a direct rapid transit train to the West End and
Docklands than a suburban train to a terminus. Just my USD0.02.

Actually, as I'm sure you're very well aware, Watford is in Herts, well
outside London and the zonal area. And the Bakerloo line has never gone to
Docklands. Furthermore, people from Watford who want to travel to central
London are far more likely to take a fast LM train, not an excruciatingly
slow LU or LO train.

Old December 24th 16, 12:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

On 12/23/2016 8:40 PM, Recliner wrote:
e27002 aurora wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 11:11:10 -0600,
wrote:

In article ,

(e27002 aurora) wrote:

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 07:25:43 -0600,

wrote:

In article ,
d () wrote:

[...]

Outside, but not well outside. It has a border with the London Borough
of Harrow. It might make sense to put it in the zonal area. Bushey
used to be in the Met Police area.

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must
painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman

Old December 25th 16, 12:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

e27002 aurora wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 11:11:10 -0600,
wrote:

In article ,

(e27002 aurora) wrote:

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 07:25:43 -0600,

wrote:

In article ,
d () wrote:

[...]

Until recent times there was no connection (apart from its innermost
boundary with the capital city) between the Metropolitan Police
District and local authority areas. It was based on rough proximity to
Charing Cross to deal with matters within the metropolis.
Old December 25th 16, 08:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

e27002 aurora wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 11:11:10 -0600,

wrote:

In article ,
(e27002 aurora) wrote:

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 07:25:43 -0600,

wrote:

In article ,
d ()
wrote:

[...]

Actually, the Metropolitan Police District did correspond to a set of
pre-1965 local authorities, but they got reorganised in 1965 (within Greater
London) and 1974 (elsewhere).

--
Colin Rosenstiel