Old January 12th 17, 09:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LUL wasting money

In Paddington H&C yesterday I noticed that the large touch-screen tube
map is flanked on either side by a large pod containing a screen
permanently displaying the wheelchair tube map, and another large pod
with a screen permanently displaying the bike-allowing tube map
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bicycles-o...-transport.pdf. They seem to
have forgotten that sticking a poster on the wall twice a year is still
an option.

The weekend engineering list however seems to be universally done on
paper, even though a map that changes every week, and would be much
better if the working lines had solid colour and the possessions were
flashing on and off, is actually a reasonable use of an electronic
display. Although maybe the 150 people paid 120k each to be on TfL's
Differently Epileptic Stakeholder Task Force have banned flashing lines.

The main touch screen map also seems to be frozen in time... no Lea
Bridge on the London's Rail map yet, and the mistake whereby Paddington
is left off the Bakerloo Line on the main tube map hasn't been rectified
yet. But at least it works better than the equivalent one in Blackfriars
South Bank entrance. I'm going back next week to see if it's responded
to the finger presses I performed in November yet.

More council money wasting Basil Jet London Transport 0 September 16th 09 01:14 PM
21st Century E-Commerce Money Making Formula NeoOne London Transport 0 January 3rd 05 01:10 AM
FREE MONEY tryscore London Transport 0 January 1st 05 12:49 AM
TfL doesn't want my money. Bob Adams London Transport 8 January 20th 04 01:43 PM
LU to close Waterloo&City line to save money. [email protected] London Transport 1 August 29th 03 05:13 PM