Old January 25th 17, 03:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The stuff of Boris J's nightmares?

Dear all

I know it’s a few weeks out of date, but thought that all “bendy”
lovers would like to see this:

Scania’s new bi-artic – yes, with two trailer sections. And it’s gas
powered.

https://www.scania.com/group/en/scan...ulated-euro-6-
gas-bus/

Sadly, only in LatAm so far – but we can always dream, while BJ can have
another nightmare!

TAFN

Ken

Old January 25th 17, 03:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 17:06:00 +0100
Water musician wrote:
Dear all

I know it’s a few weeks out of date, but thought that all “bendy”
lovers would like to see this:

Scania’s new bi-artic – yes, with two trailer sections. And it’s gas
powered.

https://www.scania.com/group/en/scan...ulated-euro-6-
gas-bus/

Sadly, only in LatAm so far – but we can always dream, while BJ can have
another nightmare!

I suspect buses are the last thing on bojos mind these days. You have to wonder
how cyclists in europe cope with these mass murdering buses!

--
Spud

Old January 25th 17, 04:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

https://www.scania.com/group/en/scan...lated-euro-6-g
as-bus/

Sadly, only in LatAm so far - but we can always dream, while BJ can have
another nightmare!

I suspect buses are the last thing on bojos mind these days. You have to
wonder how cyclists in europe cope with these mass murdering buses!

Double articulated trolleybuses have been in use in Switzerland for some
time. Dunno what sort of streets they use them on.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old January 25th 17, 06:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 11:47:43
on Wed, 25 Jan 2017, remarked:

Double articulated trolleybuses have been in use in Switzerland for some
time. Dunno what sort of streets they use them on.

Ones with not huge amounts of other traffic, quite a lot of mopeds
buzzing around, and very few cyclists.
Old January 26th 17, 08:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
-septe
mber.org, at 09:08:01 on Thu, 26 Jan 2017, Recliner
remarked:
Double articulated trolleybuses have been in use in Switzerland for some
time. Dunno what sort of streets they use them on.

Ones with not huge amounts of other traffic, quite a lot of mopeds
buzzing around, and very few cyclists.

Everywhere? Some Swiss cities have lots of cyclists.

To be honest, I've only seen a couple of Swiss cities that have such
trolleybuses, but they are hilly, and thus not much fun to cycle in.

I don't think that lakeside Lucerne is particularly hilly?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...57655400441705

Never been there but Geneva and Lausanne are both hilly (the latter
having a specialty railway from the shore to the town centre).
Old January 26th 17, 08:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 09:30:32 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message
-septe
mber.org, at 09:08:01 on Thu, 26 Jan 2017, Recliner
remarked:
Double articulated trolleybuses have been in use in Switzerland for some
time. Dunno what sort of streets they use them on.

Ones with not huge amounts of other traffic, quite a lot of mopeds
buzzing around, and very few cyclists.

Everywhere? Some Swiss cities have lots of cyclists.

To be honest, I've only seen a couple of Swiss cities that have such
trolleybuses, but they are hilly, and thus not much fun to cycle in.

I don't think that lakeside Lucerne is particularly hilly?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...57655400441705

Never been there but Geneva and Lausanne are both hilly (the latter
having a specialty railway from the shore to the town centre).

Either way, the cyclists in europe seem to cope with bendy buses without a
problem. Its only the cyclists in this country who were determined to see them
banned despite them being a godsend for the disabled and parents with buggies.
Tells you all you need to know about a lot of the self righteous snowflakes on
bikes we have here.

--
Spud

Old January 26th 17, 07:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

It always seemed to me that the major risk to bikes was from HGVs, and
the bus thing was the imagination of a mayoral candidate who's grasp
of even what his own opinions were was less than firm and would do
anything for election (to be repeated later).

We've seen, successfully IMHO, how separating cycle traffic from the
rest can work well, as long as it improves walking routes as well.
This has a bigger positive effect than a minor (thoughtless,
vindictive) change to bus allocation while other drivers carry on as
before.

Double-artics are now in Barcelona as well, an ideal city for a bus
that likes straight roads. They have been removed from... Hamburg,
was it? Switzerland seems to be the best place to see them now.

Richard.

Quiz and stuff at the LT Museum this Friday Basil Jet[_2_] London Transport 0 May 15th 11 04:41 AM
27E ***Hot stuff - check this out !!! 27E tinman4 London Transport 0 January 28th 06 04:37 PM
hot stuff AWARENESS London Transport 0 February 16th 05 08:56 AM
Tube train sizes and, er, other stuff Tom Anderson London Transport 6 January 13th 04 09:44 AM